Unlike ballet, dance, or gymnastics, where learning occurs in a group lesson format most of the time, figure skating starts with group lessons to get your child going and then, is mastered through private lessons. So, if your child is interested in mastering figure skating, your next step is to select a private lesson coach.
Who your child takes private lessons from should not be decided in haste. Your private lesson instructor will be more than just a teacher: he or she will be your child’s mentor, guide, and role model. Please check Our Coaches to find the right coach for you.
If you are interested in requesting Private Lessons, please contact Shelley McArthur and provide the following details:
- Are you interested in Basic Skating Lessons, Freestyle/Moves/Ice Dance Lessons, or Hockey Lessons?
- Do you have a coach preference? Male or female?
- What day(s)/time(s) are you available for lessons?
- Student’s Name and Age (please include if for a child <16)?
- Contact’s Name and Email Address/Best Phone Number
- Anything else you think we should know